Over the past couple of years we have had several professionals join us for parenting seminars and student sessions focused on different topics. As a facility and staff we refer to different websites, speakers and authors to better equip us in our ministry. Many have free newsletters delivered right to your email. Here are a few of our favorites:
Cyber Safety Cop
Free e-newsletter. Follow on social media for current popular apps children are involved in and ways to keep kids safe online.
Karen Kropf- Positively Waiting (Sex-Ed)
Karen Kropf joined us for a parenting seminar and sex ed student sessions for 5th & 6th graders and the 7th & 8th graders.
other recourse from Karen Kropf:
Author of "Raising Teens With Sexual Self-Control: A Parent's Survival Guide" and "Sex Makes People Stupid"
Trusted Parenting Sites
- Focus on the Family- "Helping Families Thrive"
- Home Word Ministries- "Helping Families Succeed"
- Family Life Today- "Help for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"
- Summit Ministries- Relevant topics to keep kids kingdom minded & helping parents answer tough questions.
- ADDitute "Inside the ADHD Mind" - Free online magazine with a variety of topics including help with ADD & ADHD.